Classic Rum Cocktails
60ml Black Tot Finest Caribbean Rum 20ml fresh lime juice 10ml sugar syrup 10-12 mint leaves Top with soda water Garnish: fresh mint sprig
- Build the rum, mint, fresh lime and sugar syrup together in a highball glass.
- Fill halfway with crushed or cracked ice and churn together with a spoon.
- Top with a dash of soda, more ice and a mint sprig.
Making your own sugar syrup
- To make sugar syrup - mix equal parts sugar with cold water and stir together until dissolved.
- For a richer syrup, mix two parts sugar to one part water.
- Keep in the fridge - this will last up to a month.
- With mint leaves a lot of the flavour and smell is trapped inside the cell walls of the leaf itself - while holding the mint clap your hands once to break down these walls and release the minty aroma!
- For mojitos it’s traditional to use broken down ice cubes, called crushed or cracked ice - you can either break up ice cubes into smaller chunks or else just use smaller size ice cubes to mix.
- Switch out the soda water for Champagne or Prosecco and you have a Mojito Royale!