Black Tot Signature Cocktails
Officer's Old Fashioned
60ml Black Tot Finest Caribbean Rum 2 dashes Angostura Bitters 1 dash Regan’s Orange Bitters 5ml Demerara sugar syrup Garnish: Orange twist
- Combine Black Tot, sugar syrup and bitters with ice in a mixing glass.
- Stir until cold, being careful not to over-dilute the drink.
Serve & Garnish
- Strain over a big block of ice in a rocks glass.
- Twist a piece of orange peel to release the oils and place the twist in the drink - enjoy!
Making your own sugar syrup
Here we recommend making a Demerara or raw/brown sugar syrup as it will compliment the Old Fashioned much better than white sugar.
To make your own sugar syrup:
- Simply mix two parts Demerara sugar with one part cold water, and stir until dissolved (or put in a blender to speed this process up).
- This syrup will keep in the fridge for up to a month, so you can make enough for lots of Old Fashioneds!
Making your own block of ice
- To make your own big block ice at home - fill a takeaway container with water and freeze overnight.
- Take the frozen block and place on a clean tea towel, then carefully with a serrated edge bread knife, cut a groove along the middle of the block.
- Once the knife has made a clear groove, you should be able to firmly push down on the top of the knife and split the ice in two.
- Repeat until desired dimensions for your ice cube are achieved!
- You can also make lots of these in advance and store in the freezer for easy Old Fashioned ice anytime!